Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas

Oh my goodness, this was some good stuff.  I am so thankful that Mrs. H shared the recipe with the rest of the blogging world.  I think the only changes I made were to use canned chicken and I added some onion.  Oh, and fajita seasoning.  I sauteed my chicken and onion with the seasonings and then mixed all the rest of the yummy goodness and warmed it all together.  It was so yummy and so easy to make.  Mr. Giggles really liked this dish so I will be making it again and again and again I am sure!!

Jalapeño Chicken Enchiladas
5 servings

1 can (15 ounces) red enchilada sauce
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

10 flour tortillas

Spread 1/2 of the enchilada sauce in a 13 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. baking dish; set aside. Combine soup, sour cream, jalapeños, onion salt and pepper. Stir in chicken and 1 cup cheese. Spread about 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Ole'!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello Giggles! May you find a fabulous steal on a vintage cake cover/plate :) Finding things like that at a fraction of the cost is what makes thrifting so addictive, LOL.

    By the way, these enchiladas sound delicious....especially after having eaten Thanksgiving leftovers all weekend, ha!

    ReplyDelete