Monday, June 3, 2013

New Potatoes and Onions

Some friends of ours from church have a garden and they gave my dad a lot of vegetables last week.  Well, he went out of town over the weekend and "forced" :) me to go get some of the new potatoes.  He also "forced" some grilled Slovacek sausage so that was dinner tonight along with the potatoes!  It was a goooood meal.

New Potatoes and Onions

new potatoes - how ever many you want (I peeled because my hubs will not eat the peel) cut in to equal sized cubes
I boiled the potatoes for about 6 minutes just to get the process moving.

1/2 onion cut into rings

Put potatoes into a dish and put the onions on top then season with your choice of seasonings - I used Kroger's tableblend pepper, Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle and some garlic. 
Cut into cubes 2/3 stick of butter and place on top of potatoes.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven until the potatoes are tender. 
Take out of the oven and cover with cheese of your choice - I used parmesan.
Return to oven until cheese is melted.

EAT!!!

For the sausage I cut up into bite sized pieces, put in a dish, covered with BBQ sauce and put in the oven until warmed (the sausage was already cooked on the grill).

No comments:

Post a Comment