Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tortellini Salad

I love to read cookbooks and back in the spring I bought a cookbook from the church my sister and her family attend.  I love different kinds of pasta salads and this one sounded really good.  I finally got the chance to make it and the hubster enjoyed it.  I added shrimp to ours and it was really good.  I sauteed the shrimp in some butter, garlic and old bay seasoning.  Cool completely.

9 oz tortellini (cheese filled)  I used a 19 oz bag of Great Value
10 oz baby spinach (optional) I opted to skip this
1 cup sliced ripe olives
1 cup baby belle mushrooms
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper - I skipped this too
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup creamy caesar salad dressing


Cook tortellini according to directions.  Coat with dressing and let cool (be generous).  Add remaining ingredients and toss.  You can add more dressing at this time if you desire.  Chill for several hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment