Saturday, January 22, 2011

Broccoli Salad

I got this recipe from my sister.  I forgot how good it was until last weekend when I made it for a funeral luncheon.  I decided to make it tonight for our church luncheon. . . .can't wait til tomorrow to eat some!

Broccoli Salad
1 large head broccoli
1 large onion (I use green onions instead) cut in rings
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 lb fried bacon (I cheat and use the already cooked bacon found in the salad section at the store)
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (I use whatever I have)
dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vinegar

Cut up broccoli and mix with onion, sunflower seeds and bacon.  Put mayo, sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.  Pour over salad while still warm and mix well.  Eat.  You will thank me later!!

1 comment: