Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hamburger Soup

I got this recipe from Mrs. H at Heritage Schoolhouse but adapted it to something that my very picky veggie eater hubby would like.  It was awesome.  My Dad had dinner with us that night and he really enjoyed it too.  He suggested putting it over rice.  Sounded good to me!
Hamburger Soup8 servings

oil
½ onion, chopped fine
1 pound ground beef
2 cans Rotel tomatoes (I used one but will probably use more next time)
1 can corn, drained2 cans diced potatoes
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 jar mushrooms
1 small can tomato sauce
2 cups chicken stock
pepper, garlic, chili powder, and seasoning salt to taste
cheddar cheese, grated

Cook onions in oil until tender; add ground beef and cook until beef is done. Place onions and beef in a large stock pot (or crock pot). Add tomatoes, corn, potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, tomato sauce, chicken stock, and seasonings. Simmer until potatoes and broccoli is tender.
I had intended to make jalapeno cornbread to go with it but that didn't happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment