Monday, August 5, 2013

Beef Stroganoff Casserole

I have been wanting Beef Stroganoff for the last couple of weeks but I have to admit that the only way I have had it is the Hamburger Helper way.  I was looking for an easy, easy recipe because I do not like to cook during the summer!!!  I don't like to buy a lot of ingredients that I will only use occasionally and I wanted to use hamburger meat.  This is what I found and the only thing I had to buy that I don't usually keep at home was cottage cheese. 
 
Beef Stroganoff Casserole from Framed Cooks blog.  (I followed the recipe for the most part but did add a couple of things)
Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped (I used garlic powder)
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 pound curly wide egg noodles, cooked and drained (I used bowtie pasta)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I used a queso quesadilla mix)
I also added seasoning salt and mushrooms to the hamburger while cooking.  After everything was combined and warmed through, I added Worcestershire sauce to it.


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
2. Saute chuck and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, cottage cheese and cream cheese and cook another 2-3 minutes until fully combined. It's okay if the cream cheese isn't fully melted...a few chunks are good!
4. Add cooked noodles and pepper to the skillet, stir to combine and pour the whole mixture into the prepared casserole. Sprinkle cheddar evenly on top.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until bubbling and a little browned. Cool for about 5 minutes and serve!
 
And it was a winner!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment